It’s time to get smart on what your body needs to power through the day. The key lies in two questions you should ask yourself: How much protein do I need? and What type of protein do I need?
Ready for the answers? Simply click to calculate your personal protein needs. But don’t stop there! Join The Strong Inside community on Facebook and Instagram for inspiration on how you can unlock your inner strong with proteins from milk.
Why? Just follow the science.
The Science Behind the Strong
Proteins from milk are the perfect choice to help you power through a long day, keep the hunger away or recover after a workout. These benefits (and more!) come from two different types:
“Fast acting” proteins (whey)—a good choice if you’re hungry or after a workout.
“Slow acting” proteins (casein)—a good choice for long-lasting, all-day strength.
While they may provide different benefits, all proteins from milk are:
– Higher quality: Offering a unique combination of nutrients not found in most alternative protein sources.
– Simply delicious: With a mild taste and creamy mouthfeel, they are easily incorporated into a variety of sweet and savory recipes and ready-to-eat products.
– Easily made: No harsh treatments or chemicals needed—typically a combination of filters and pressures are used to gather these proteins.
Whether you’re shuffling kids around all day or looking for a tasty and filling snack, proteins from milk fit into every occasion.
On the go: Choose protein-fortified foods, such as powdered and ready-to-drink protein beverages, nutrition bars and cereals. Remember to look for these terms on the ingredient list:
– whey protein isolates
– whey protein concentrates
– milk protein isolates
– milk protein concentrates
Stay at home: Power up your favorite recipes with proteins from milk. Check out this recipe page on TheStrongInside.com for inspiration and share your creations by tagging @TheStrongInside on social.
This post is a sponsored collaboration between The American Dairy Products Institute and Gothamist sponsorship staff.